A newly released Apto-Reeves survey reveals that ten percent of Canadians believe that the world will end when the Mayan Calendar stops on December 21st, 2012. The survey of 3 million Canadians across all demographics and including every ethnic group known to man shows that when asked, “When December 21st rolls around this year will you be more concerned with A. Last minute Christmas shopping, or B. The end of life as we know when the Mayan Calendar comes to a stop, 90% chose last minute Christmas shopping, leaving 10% worrying about the end of the world. The survey is accurate plus or minus 1.7% 19 times out of 20. This survey may not be as accurate as hoped based on the fact that summer is upon us and most Canadians don’t care much about anything other than swimming, boating, tanning, barbequing and the pursuit of cold beer.
This survey was underwritten by Anvil Press of Vancouver, publishers of the hugely popular book “Mayan Horror-How to Survive the End of the World in 2012”, by Mayan comedy historian Bob Robertson, available at bookstores across Canada and from online book sellers across the globe.